- Saskatchewan Roughriders. The green gang takes a 3-0 record into tonight's tilt with the Stampeders in Calgary. So far, so good!
- Corey Chamblin. It's too early to start casting coach of the year ballots, but the Riders' rookie bench boss is off to an impressive start.
- RMF Unicorns. An impressive turnout for last night's meeting with the parents. I hope the kids are as enthused as their folks!
- Special thanks to Chris Zimmer for volunteering his services as offensive coordinator for the Unicorns this season, after a very unexpected turn of events (below).
- Minot. I can't believe it's taken me this long to make the trip to every southern Saskatchewan resident's favourite North Dakota getaway spot. The J-man and I enjoyed it immensely! We really need a Scheels sporting goods store here.
- Crappy things happening to good people, part one. On behalf of the Unicorns football team, we wish a full and speedy recovery to our offensive coordinator John Makie, who suffered another stroke in late June. I couldn't ask for a finer coaching mentor, and friend. We miss ya, coach.
- Crappy things, part deux. It absolutely sucks that Riders receiver Rob Bagg is back on the disabled list, after working so hard to recover from his previous injuries. Hopefully this isn't the end of his pro football career.
- I eagerly await a 4th (!) service call from the phone company, as efforts continue to restore full land line phone service at Casa de Paczko. Granted, not being able to hear telemarketers on the other end of the line has a certain appeal...