- There's no nice way to put it - the Riders completely soiled the sheets in the 4th quarter against Hamilton on Saturday. Blowing a 19 point lead is unacceptable. And at home? Double whammy.
- The effect of that 35-34 loss can't be allowed to linger, as the worst part of two straight 4th quarter implosions is the effect on the collective psyche of the football team.
- In other words, it's tough to play with confidence when you know you've given away the last two games you've played. Rider coach Corey Chamblin has to find a way to get his team to erase that memory - and quickly.
- Having said (written) that, if the Riders stormed back from a 19 point deficit to win, do you think we'd be talking about how Hamilton blew the lead? No, we'd be praising the Riders for overcoming adversity, fighting until the end, blah, blah, blah...
- So, maybe the Ti-Cats (led by Henry Burris) deserve some credit too.
- Interesting decision by the Riders and SGI to pull the Gainer/Batman drinking and driving ad that plays on the big screen during games. As soon as last year's spot played during Saturday's game, it was obvious the move was a reaction to the Colorado theater shootings. I suppose that's appropriate. Mind you, I hated this year's spot to begin with - so no great loss as far as I'm concerned!
- The J-man's two week vacation with his "other" family is over. Longest two weeks ever.
- Note to self: never, ever feed the dog tuna mixed with mayo again. Never. Ever. I'm debating getting the house fumigated in the grisly aftermath.
- So I've resumed working out with a trainer and I'm in pain. Must just be a coincidence, huh?
Monday, July 30, 2012
Oh good, it's the start of another work week, following another loss by the Riders! How much misery are we expected to endure?