- The Saskatchewan Roughriders held onto sole possession of top spot in the CFL's west division by virtue of Edmonton's win over the B.C. Lions Friday night.
- How are the Eskimos 3-1 with the tandem of Steven Jyles and Kerry Joseph at quarterback?
- Mind you, the Eskies defence is pretty darn good. I suppose that's been their edge so far.
- Some people are suggesting Lions quarterback Travis Lulay was just a one hit wonder last year. Some people are clueless.
- A busy week ahead for the Regina Red Sox, with six games in the next seven days. The Sox lead the Western Major Baseball League with a record of 30-9 heading into the home stretch.
- The Penn State football program is going to be irrelevant for years, in the wake of the sanctions handed down today by the NCAA. I'll leave it up to Jerry Sandusky's victims to decide if the punishment fits the crime.
- I'm not the biggest golf fan, so excuse my ignorance, but when was the word "British" removed from the title of the British Open?
- Congrats to Ernie Els, but my goodness what a collapse by Aussie Adam Scott over the last four holes!
- Southwest Regina was hit with a quick downpour Saturday afternoon, literally within a half hour of my exit from the Co-op car wash. Isn't that always the way it goes?
- I was introduced to an interesting little out of the way coffee shop on the weekend. It's called Kave Haz Cafe, and is located on Dewdney Ave across from Luther College High School. Not bad!
- Telemarketers will be relieved to know that the 4th service call from the phone company appears to have restored full service to the Paczko residence. I probably should have appreciated the peace and quiet while it lasted!
Monday, July 23, 2012
That felt like the shortest weekend in recorded history! Onward and upward, I suppose: