Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday musings

Time to dry out after a water-logged end to the long weekend:

  • Curtis Hunt will be officially announced as the next head coach of the Regina Pats at a news conference this afternoon. Welcome home, Curtis.
  • I'll leave it up to you to debate whether the hiring is a good move.
  • I wonder if Jamie Heward is in the running for one of the assistant coaches' positions?
  • Based strictly on performance, I think Humboldt Broncos coach Dean Brockman would have to be a strong candidate.
  • A move like that also incorporates some succession planning, in the event Huntsie takes another pro opportunity down the road.
  • I'm pleased to report that - seven games into the season - the Minor A Twins are still unbeaten.
  • The J-Man's crew tangles with the Rangers tonight. The Jakester will be looking to snap a mini slump at the plate.
  • I'm starting to wonder why I have a tennis club membership if I never actually make it there! Darn Little League baseball.
  • I probably shouldn't have written the Windsor Spitfires off so early at the Memorial Cup. The Ontario champs found a way to win, just like they have all year long.
  • You do have to feel bad for the Kelowna Rockets I suppose. A five day layoff between games certainly didn't do them any favours.

No comments: