Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday musings

The view from the cheap seats:

  • A high of 11 today. Be still my heart!
  • I guess bundling up will be required as I take in the J-man's baseball game at noon. Can the Minor A Twins continue their season-opening unbeaten streak?
  • Did I mention young Jacob notched four strikeouts in only two innings of work in the Twins last victory? I may have to change his nickname to the K-man!
  • If you were alive in the early 70's, rent the movie Nixon Frost. It was excellent.
  • I also saw the movie Taken this weekend. It was not so excellent, but certainly not terrible.
  • So much for the Windsor Spitfires cruising through the Memorial Cup tournament. The OHL champs are on the verge of going winless in the round robin.
  • Kelowna looks good, and both Quebec teams can play. I'm now thinking it'll be Kelowna and Drummondville in the final.
  • Back to work tomorrow for the start of a three day work week. A fellow could get used to that kind of schedule!
  • Anyone want to come help put up a basketball backboard and net in my back alley? There's a cool, refreshing root beer in it for you!
  • Now back to your regularly scheduled holiday programming.

No comments: