Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday thoughts

Technically, it's still Friday:

  • My adopted playoff team is still in the hunt, after Chicago knocked off Detroit 4-3 in overtime tonight.
  • Is is just me, or do the Penguins seem to be getting better as the playoffs go on?
  • A Pittsburgh/Chicago final would be a treat to watch.
  • Is it a good thing when a cabinet minister pays you a personal visit at work?
  • It sure got the tongues wagging around the office, no doubt about that!
  • Suds Car Wash isn't cheap, but they sure get the old Escape looking shiny!
  • Keep your chin up Balgonie buddy, everything will work out just fine.
  • Jacob took me out for an early birthday supper tonight. I'm happy to report West Side Pizza still makes a darn tasty pie!
  • So it's down to Curtis Hunt and Michael Dyck for the Pats' head coaching job? Quelle surprise.
  • I still think Huntsie and Hewie has a nice ring to it. If for no other reason than to make the L-P look foolish.
  • I'd love to meet the people who compose the headlines for Regina's daily paper. Wanna bet they rode the short bus to school as kids?
  • My enthusiasm for the Special Olympics will drop dramatically if I end up catching whatever bug their folks were coughing up at lunch yesterday. I do not have any time for getting sick!
  • 2,000 people paid $250 a head to listen to Brad Wall speak? Imagine what that boy could do with a good speechwriter! Actually, I may know a guy...
  • Don't look now, but the Toronto Blue Jays may be falling back down to earth. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Had to giggle at your headline composer comment. I mean, they're bad at the best of times, but the worst I've seen so far went something like this:

Boy rescued from creek by dog

When elsewhere in the country, it was being reported as:

Hero dog saves boy!

Figures, huh?