Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend blogging

Various odds and ends after a couple days of roaming around town:

  • I saw former Rider offensive lineman Fred Childress at the neighbourhood 7-11 yesterday. Does the "Big Chill" live here now?
  • I saw a Ferrari in downtown Regina today. Fred Childress was never confused for a Ferrari during his playing days.
  • Is it cruel to make a 10-year old do windsprints? What about if I do them with him?
  • Spring sure is taking its sweet time getting here.
  • The new Gold's Gym South is less of a sausage party than the old Court Club was.
  • The London Knights bowed out to Windsor in five games in the OHL playoffs, with each game going to overtime.
  • The Knights of 2009 remind me of the Regina Pats of 2001. Great team, shaky goaltending.
  • It's time for Regina's Josh Harding to be a starting netminder in the NHL.
  • Sean Avery will be playing senior hockey with Theo Fleury in two years. Maybe less.
  • I will finally get to meet George Reed this week. How have I managed to live here this long, and dabble in the sports media, without meeting #34?
  • I need some suggestions for putting on a bachelor party. Where to do it? How to line up the entertainment? Any advice will be gratefully accepted!
  • And yes, I'm hoping the aforementioned social event will come with an "r" rating. Otherwise, what would be the point?

No comments: