Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday thoughts

The usual - a random collection of thoughts and observations:

  • My adopted NHL playoff team, the Chicago Blackhawks, looked a little overwhelmed in the early going against Calgary last night.
  • The Hawks did manage to squeek by in overtime though. Was the winning goal a result of goaltender interference? In the regular season, yes. In regulation time in the playoffs, maybe. In overtime, nope.
  • Don't look now, but Anaheim might just give the Sharks a run for their money. Game one goes to the Ducks.
  • Minnesota is in the market for a new coach and a new GM. Will that affect Regina's Josh Harding's plans to leave the Wild, as he looks for an opportunity to compete for a starting netminder's job elsewhere?
  • I guess I'll just have to ask Josh that myself during his annual postseaon appearance on SportZone.
  • AC/DC tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Wanna bet the system crashes?
  • The RMF atom Cougars hold their first full-blown coaches meeting of the year this weekend. Can a dynasty be far behind?
  • I suppose the other coaches will expect me to spring for pizza and beer, huh?
  • The summer trip with the J-man to Ontario is scheduled, now we wait for a seat sale.
  • Hmmm, I just noticed the Riders play in Toronto July 11th. I guess I know where we'll be that day!
  • Time to get some work done. We can't all be on EDO's today! (said the guy who is working three straight four day weeks)

No comments: