Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday thoughts

Back from the dead after a couple of days off sick. Still feeling quite yucky though:

  • I guess draft day won't be so quiet for the Saskatchewan Roughriders after all?
  • Make no mistake, this week's trades were about re-stocking the cupboard with draft picks, plain and simple.
  • If Jordan Rempel turns out to be a player, then that's a bonus.
  • And if Adarius Bowman becomes a star in Winnipeg, the "I told you so" gang will be out in full force on the message boards.
  • The 2009 Pete and Kelly Rockin' Roadtrip returns to Vancouver on October 28th to catch U2 in concert. I am pumped!
  • Is there a flu bug going around? I'm getting tired of feeling tired! Two days in bed isn't as glamorous as it sounds!
  • I'm leaning towards the Chicago Blackhawks as my NHL playoff team. Although I suspect they're a year away from being a legitimate contender.
  • And then there's the Leafs. Sigh...
  • We're off to Moose Jaw Sunday to catch Wrestlemania and devour many cheese-flavoured treats.
  • Oh by the way, does anyone else consider Moose Jaw's new slogan (Surprisingly Unexpected) really, really lame?
  • Aren't surprises generally unexpected? And aren't unexpected things usually a surprise? I'm just saying.

No comments: