Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday thoughts

Idle thoughts on a day when it's way too nice outside to be indoors:

  • Whoever came up with the concept of "Have lunch with your kids day" for parents of elementary school kids is a genius. What a fun time!
  • The schools constantly ask parents not to park in the spots reserved for school buses, but lunk-head parents still do. Why?
  • What's with the "Yeah, I know it's a rule. But it doesn't apply to me" mentality these days?
  • I assume, and hope, Brent Parker will be well enough to resume his general manager's duties with the Pats. But if not, who takes over? Todd Ripplinger? Curtis Hunt?
  • I haven't watched a single (entire) game of the Stanley Cup playoffs. That may change if Pittsburgh/Detroit meet in the final.
  • I have to go to Saskatoon on the 30/31st for a football coaching clinic. Know any good park benches I can crash on?
  • I have to rein in my expenses, because my term position expires on May 28 - still no luck landing another job. Grrrr!
  • Rod Pedersen is toying with the idea of shutting down his blog. Say it ain't so, Roddy!
  • Who's going to the Mike Staffen Day fundraiser at the Regina Rugby Club on Sunday? See you there, hopefully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding Rod's blog...who are the lunatic fringe? Pats hockey is long over, the Riders have yet to begin. There isn't much going on. Maybe that's when the crazy's have more time on thier hands. It is really too bad that he has gotten this crap cause it's caused him to change his format. Unfortunately I think that might make it less fun to read. You can read editorials in the LP every day.

Pac58 said...

I've seen a few of the messages that he chose not to post. There are some disturbed folks out there. If I had to deal with that, I'd likely do the same thing.

You're right - the offseason is mid-season for the loonies.