Sunday, April 22, 2007

Checking in

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a few days. I've been preoccupied with personal...stuff. Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable - know what I mean?

Anyway, while I work through that it's time to rattle off some random thoughts:

  • The Press Box Sports Bar really is a fine establishment. If you haven't been - go.
  • Should I tell Rod Pedersen about my sore back before or after I help him move some furniture today?
  • We've got some dandy guests coming up on SportZone on Access 7, including Mayor Pat Fiacco this week and B.C. Lions slotback Jason Clermont next week.
  • The Medicine Hat Tigers are having little difficulty with the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL Eastern Conference final. The Tigers haven't lost since game six of their opening round series.
  • Why can't the Calgary Flames win on the road?
  • Ever notice the people who slam Rob Vanstone's work read every column he writes?
  • Sometimes I miss working in the media full-time. But I will never, ever miss waking up at 4 a.m. five days a week.
  • Who is going to play center on the top two lines for the Regina Pats next year?
  • I assume Kerry Joseph will start the year as the Saskatchewan Roughriders' starting quarterback. Will he finish the year in the same position?
  • Who is more dominant in their sport - Roger Federer or Tiger Woods?
  • My eight year old son now realizes I was telling the truth when I told him the girls will starting chasing him at recess. He's not letting them catch him - yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calgary assembled a pretty good list of talent on paper. They had the same players on the road as at home. They were great at home yet putrid on the road. I have to believe the coaching staff did not get the job done. I will be more than a little disappointed if Playfair returns as head coach cause he didn't get the job done.
They need a couple of puck moving rock defensmen. Warrener has been faking it for two years, Hammerlik was a liability all year. They also need some more speed up front. I hope the Sutter syndrome doesn't set in with Calgary like it did in San Jose. He brought them to a point but could never get over the hump.

The Pats really do need to centermen for this year. They either have to unearth a gem in the euro draft or make a couple of trades but probably both. I hope they have the guts to make the kind of trade that it will take. They will probably have to move a d-man and something else to get a top notch centerman. First place in the weak eastern division will not be a coronation for any team. Swift will be very good, Saskatoon will have a 1st rounder in Gillies and have a good goalie themselves. PA will be much stronger and never count Brandon out. The thing is without some significant moves, the Pats will struggle to do much better than they have the last two years.