Seriously, that was another butt ugly performance by a bad football team last night, as the Riders fell to 1-7 on the year with a 24-18 loss in Toronto. Anyone who honestly believes the Riders are poised to turn things around is either naive, delusional, or is gainfully employed by the team.
Blow it up. Blow it up real good.
- The RMF Unicorns open their season tomorrow at Leibel Field. Good seats are still available!
- Note to self: Don't stand on the sidelines glaring at people, chewing gum, and looking generally confused. Apparently that's not the key to coaching success!
- Hey, at least the Riders' starting quarterback didn't decide to quit football three days before a game. Let's see Greg Marshall adjust to that little curveball!
- Rider fans are quickly making the transition from angry to indifferent. That slippery slope eventually leads to telethons. Let's not let that happen, okay?
- The kids go back to school in a little more than a week. Where did the last two months go?
- Our collective braintrust will gather next week to plot and conspire for the upcoming broadcast season of Locker Talk on Access 7. Can't you just feel the excitement?
- The first show of the new season will air the week of September 12th. Hilarity (intentional and otherwise) will ensue.