Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

Okay, I suppose it's time to get back to semi-regular blogging around here. Not that anyone cried out for it, mind you!

So, for those that have forgotten, I've devoted this space on Thursdays to two lists: those people and/or organizations worthy of cheers, and those worthy of a good swift kick in the ...well, you get the idea. Feel free to add your own submissions.

Cheers
  • Torchy's Sports Imaging. Torchy did a great job on the J-man's new Rider jersey, and at a sweet price too! Check him out, he does a lot more than sports jerseys.
  • The Access Communications Production department. It's been a tough start to 2011 for me, and the folks at Access (even the ones who are in no way connected to Locker Talk) have been very supportive. Thanks!
  • Greyhound Courier Service. Looking to ship a bunch of packages across the country? Head down to the bus depot and save yourself a lot of cash. I shipped ten boxes of varying sizes and one trunk from Ontario to Regina for just under $200. Sweet deal, I'd say.
  • Regina Thunder. The J-man and I attended the Thunder's annual dinner last weekend and were treated very well! Heck, nobody threw anything at the stage while I spoke - bonus!
Jeers
  • I'm not impressed with the folks at another workplace I frequent. Let's just leave it at that.
  • The humanoids whose idea of being sympathetic consists of "What are you doing with the house? Need a real estate agent? I know a guy!" Yeah, thanks. Because it's soooo hard to find someone in real estate in southern Ontario.
  • Regina Pats. I'm holding out hope that Chad Lang has the rebuild project on the right track, but three straight years out of the playoffs is still an embarrassment. The Pats need to get things turned around quickly, or risk becoming irrelevant.
That's my list for this week. Feel free to submit yours!

No comments: