Monday, April 05, 2010

Monday musings

A collection of stuff from the top layer of the cranial onion:

  • It looks as though the people who didn't augment their long weekend by taking Thursday off took today off instead. Must be nice!
  • I wonder how many took both off?
  • A big-time tip of the hat for Weyburn's Graham DeLaet, who finished in a tie for third at the PGA's Houston Open.
  • We'll be hearing a lot more about that young golfer in the years to come. Bank on it.
  • Graham James gets a pardon from the National Parole Board. Uh, pardon?
  • Wanna bet the Harper government revamps the Parole Board in the near future?
  • Jogging + lung infection = not good times.
  • Mind you, I've had an on again/off again lung infection since last October. What the hell is up with that?
  • I'll be cheering for Butler to knock off Duke in the NCAA men's basketball championship game tonight. Love the underdogs!
  • Mitch Blair asks an interesting question on his blog this morning. If Regina's Tyler Bozak had spent the entire season with the Leafs, would he be an NHL rookie of the year candidate? I'd say yes.
  • Will the Leafs bump Bozak to the second line next season to make room for Nazem Kadri? That would suck!
  • You know what annoys me? People who have never spent a day working in your profession, yet act as if they are experts in your field.
  • I guess now I know how professional sports coaches/athletes feel when fans and the media play armchair quarterback.
  • Damn you, karma!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Take care of that lung infection. You can do permanent damage to your lungs, and that would suck. So would your lungs, for that matter... or maybe they wouldn't...

Yeah, I know. It's Monday morning after a long weekend and I haven't finished my first coffee yet. I can't be expected to be funny.

Just take care of yourself. I happen to like reading your column.

Pac58 said...

Thanks!

I have no plans to expire, I just want to get in some semblance of shape!