Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday thoughts

Well, it certainly hasn't been a boring week around here!

  • Plenty of upsets on the opening night(s) of the Stanley Cup playoffs. And I stand corrected. It looks like Montreal's postseason will last five games, not four.
  • I can't even imagine what life would be like if the Habs knock off the Caps. I suppose if Halak gets hot, crazier things have happened.
  • I just hope that next season Phil Kessel outscores whomever Boston selects with the 2nd overall pick in the NHL draft. For one year, anyway.
  • Dion Phaneuf is going to be the captain of the Leafs. I suppose they could do worse.
  • If Toronto snags Patrick Marleau in free agency, that would definitely be a step in the right direction too.
  • Will Chad Lang join the employ of the Regina Pats? Personally, I like the job he did in Moose Jaw, so I would have no problem with that.
  • If it happens, will Lang be given free reign over the hockey operations department? That, my friends, is the $64,000 question.
  • Congrats to Jordan Eberle on his selection as the WHL's Eastern Conference player of the year, and his upcoming participation in the World Hockey Championships.
  • He and Taylor Hall displayed some chemistry during the World Junior Championships. I wonder if that will influence the Oilers to select Hall over Tyler Seguin with the first pick in the NHL draft?
  • Mitch Blair and Carlo Palazzo have been alternating in the co-host's chair on SportZone the past couple of months. Does that rotation work for you? Anyone else you'd like to see as co-host? We aim to please!
  • Unless of course your suggestion is to fire the host!
  • Speaking of Mitch, I'll be providing some colour commentary for his online broadcasts during the upcoming Esso Cup female midget AAA national championship tournament.
  • Would the Cooperators Centre be packed if the Regina Rebels meet Notre Dame in the final? I'm guessing that's the best-case scenario for the organizing committee!
  • Jason Armstead, we hardly knew ya (again)!
  • I suppose the signing of Dominique Dorsey made Armstead's release inevitable anyway.
  • I think I'll swing by Gold's Gym after work and see what the beautiful people are up to. Maybe they've had a rough week too.

1 comment:

Dave Ruecker said...

I say fire Carlo. ;)