Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

Really? Has it been a week already? Okay then, let's go:

Cheers
  • A website called www.thatsmyticket.com. Lots of cool stuff for sports fans. I picked up a birthday present for the J-man, and an early Christmas present for him as well!
  • Gus Giannoutsos massage therapy. If you need to get worked over, might as well be by a sports fan like Gus!
  • The Deli Llama. A new takeout restaurant a few doors down from my office on Scarth St. Five different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches! What's not to love?

Jeers

  • The folks who wander around the new Walmart SuperCentre in awe, as if they're visiting Vegas. Or the moon. It's a big Walmart. Get over it.
  • Whoever programs the Hits1 station on Sirius/XM. The J-man likes the music, and I swear they have a grand total of seven songs on their playlist! Repetitive much?

Okay, your turn! Oh, and I want to withdraw my criticism of Regina's Ryan Getzlaf from earlier in the week. He has been absolutely money in Team Canada's last two games! I'd like to take credit for the dramatic improvement, but let's get serious...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL CHEERS - Is there anything that compares to the winter olympics. Mens hockey flexes muscle - a clasic and hopefully a sign of what is to come. Cheers to our Canadian Women - 11 of 15 medals to date. You Go Girls!
Big events on the ice today - Go Canada Go -

Bev said...

Cheers:

Okay. I have to say my groomer, Kendra Krietmeyer again. She puts up with a grumpy old dog, and he comes home a totally different little guy. I swear she can take 5 years off him!

Lite92 FM -- Look. I love the morning crew, Greg Morgan and Lisa Green. BUT it seems their news providers don't actually read the news. Today, they reported that the young fellow charged with that Ft. Qu'appelle murder got 7 years in prison. He didn't - he got 4 yrs in prison, and 3 years of 'supervision in the community'. Last week, they said the police were warning that a sex offender *might* be in Regina. No, the warning was that the sex offender IS in Regina, and they even give an approximate location. It wouldn't be so bad if this weren't the same news we got online the day before.

The Canadian Government and their use of social media. It's great that they're looking to technology to communicate 'to' folks, but social media is *social* media. You don't use it to just send out announcements - you use it to interact with the public. Of course, with their current policy of 'don't say anything that hasn't been run past the PR department first', this would never happen.

And with that rant, I'll just cease my jeers, otherwise this message could get very long. I guess I'm just in a bad mood today. Sorry.

Bev said...

Ooops. I forgot to write 'Jeers' above Lite92 there. Sorry. I'll just add this jeer: Bev, for not proofing her comment.

Anonymous said...

The Deli Llama. What a great name! Perhaps the official caterer of "Sport Zone"?