Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday thoughts

A rare edition of Friday thoughts, straight from the home ice in Dilke:

  • We're not exactly owning the podium in Vancouver, are we?
  • Still, three gold medals are three more than we've won at the two previous Olympic Games to be held in Canada.
  • I seriously doubt the men's hockey team will win gold. However, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on that one.
  • Tiger Woods will hold a news conference this morning, that will be carried live around the world. Alert me when it's over.
  • The Regina Pats estimate they need to win 9-10 of their remaining 12 games to sneak into the WHL playoffs. Good luck with that.
  • Somebody tell the fat lady to start warming up her vocal cords.
  • And, I'd love to be proven wrong on that one too.
  • Attention Roger Federer wannabees! Regina's Lakeshore Tennis Club is holding a social next week for current and potential members. Check it out, if you dare! The link to the LTC site is on the list on the right side of this page.
  • You know you're getting old when the lumbar support in your new vehicle gives you a backache.
  • Gordon Lightfoot may not be dead, but his career is another story...
  • Did I ever tell you about the time I almost ran over Gordon Lightfoot while he was playing road hockey with his kid in Toronto? I led a much more interesting life in those days.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Sounds like Mr. Lightfoot led a more interesting life in those days, too. :) Still, I'm a big fan of his music, whether it's old hat or not. :)

Back in the 80s, it was erroneously reported that Abe Vigoda had passed away (a report belied by the latest Snickers Super Bowl commercial!). Now he's got a website devoted to the fact that he's alive: http://www.abevigoda.com/

And his Twitter feed is full of proofs of his being alive, including "I'm terribly sorry, but I must interrupt to say that I am alive!!!", "I fought Chuck Norris and I'm alive...", and "According to my iPhone app I'm still alive"

I wonder if Mr. Lightfoot can joke about this for 20 years as successfully as Mr. Vigoda... :)