Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

A weekly collection of salutes (and boots) to the hardworking men and women of the service industry:

Cheers
  • TR Sales. Roy is hooking me up with a sweet deal on a new ride, and giving me an excellent price on my trade-in. Upfront and honest. Go figure!
  • Access Communications. While customers of the other cable provider were watching lame CTV Olympic promos, my pals and I were laughing at the big budget ads during the Super Bowl. In high def.
  • Odessa arena. Home-made rink burgers are definitely the way to go!

Jeers

  • Super Bowl ads. Generally, the quality was way down from past years.
  • Pense arena. You have heaters in the stands. Perhaps you could turn them on?
  • People who agree to serve on a board of a non-profit organization, yet are determined to keep that organization in the dark ages. Useful? Not so much.

Who's on your list this week?

3 comments:

Bev said...

Cheers:

Beer Bros - good service, good food, good times... I'm sure we'd go there more often if the pizzas were bigger, though.

Cathedral Village Free House - again, good service and good food.

Yes, I've been eating out a lot lately.

Jeers: Google Buzz. Here's some advice, if you haven't noticed already: If you have a gmail account, go in there NOW and change the settings. The defaults are set to: Google Buzz on; show all your contacts to everyone; and add all your contacts as 'followers'. There may be other privacy breaches, but these are the ones I've heard of so far. And no, they didn't ask you if you wanted Google Buzz or not.

Bev said...

Sorry, Pete. I think I scared everyone else away...

Anonymous said...

No you have not Bev,

I'm a regular contributor I've just been busy. Keep this going.

Lately I haven't had a bad experience.

Cheers:
Steeped about Tea in the Vic Mall

Jeers:
Hockey Regina Coaches:
Maybe instead of sqwaking and crying about how good other teams that are not Regina based, concentrate on making your teams better.