Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

A light week, but we'll see what we can come up with:

Cheers
  • The Acura division of the Honda Motor Company. The Acura MDX is a sweet ride!
  • Calvin Rhead at Krazy Kiley's. My go-to guy for my automotive audio needs.
  • Visions. If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll at least try to find it at one of their other stores. That's better than a lot of other places do.

Jeers

  • Best Buy. Big store with no stock. How does that work, exactly?
  • Smitty's on east Victoria. The J-man and I both ended up with upset stomachs after breakfast with his maternal grandparents. Not fun!
  • Scotiabank main (downtown) branch. Piss poor service, simple as that!

I welcome your contributions to the above lists!

5 comments:

Bev said...

Cheers:

Kendra Krietemeyer, my groomer (again) for clipping my dog's toenails at short notice, between grooming appointments, for free. My groomer - I think I'll keep her.

The Roof Top - service was great, food was good (although the onion soup was... odd), wonderful desserts. If you go there, I can recommend the Towering Turtle Torte, but I've heard the three cheesecake platter is also very good. Stay away from the Rocky Road, though...

And, most of all: Kozy Kitchen in Ituna. Wonderful little restaurant with good food. Say Hi to cousin Vera! And, while you're in Ituna, you might stop by the seniors home to meet the oldest person in Saskatchewan, Vera's great aunt (and my great-great aunt) Pearl Lutzko, who just turned 111 on Monday!

Huh. No Jeers today. I think Aunt Pearl's birthday party must have put me in a good mood...

Pac58 said...

Happy Birthday to Aunt Pearl!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand Scotiabanks downtown branch. I wish I could just do everything on the internet, but alas, I must visit them occosianaly.

Anonymous said...

Much better service at the tiny little branch on 13th avenue.

Anonymous said...

Cheers-Smokin Okies. Great food!
Jeers-TD on South Albert. Tellers are fine, but I had a banking problem and ran into several brickwalls before someone came to fix an error that was their fault.