Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday thoughts

Lots of ground to cover, so let's begin!

  • The 2009-10 season opens tonight for the Hockey Regina atom Hawks. The J-man will be patrolling the blueline against. . . whomever we're playing.
  • I think it would be beneficial to have the schedule completed, with the season starting this weekend. Or is that too much to ask?
  • Didn't football season just end?
  • I polished off most of my Christmas shopping yesterday on Amazon.ca. Free shipping, no crowds and no lineups. What's not to love?
  • Casey Printers will start for B.C. against the Riders tomorrow at Mosaic Stadium.
  • B.C. has a former league MOP as their 4th string quarterback. That's not such a bad deal.
  • Here's hoping he plays as badly as he did in Hamilton last year. But, somehow I don't think he will.
  • Another week, another first place showdown for the Riders. No lack of drama this season!
  • Chris Jones will start in place of Gerran Walker at wideout for the Riders. Mr. Jones, this would be your last opportunity to make an impression, I'm guessing.
  • The Regina Pats look to snap a two game road losing skid in Swift Current tomorrow night. The rematch goes Sunday night at the Brandt Centre.
  • It's a little early to be writing the Pats off just yet, but I can certainly understand why some fans are skeptical. I'll wait until closer to Christmas before passing judgment.
  • My 48 hour liquid diet starts tomorrow morning. I think that means post-game pizza tonight?
  • Four days from now I'll be boarding a plane for a mini vacation in Van city. I'm kind of looking forward to that!

No comments: