Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday thoughts

Let's see what pours out today:

  • Having the flu sucks. Today is my first day out of bed since Tuesday. Consciousness is highly overrated, though.
  • I think I'll take in the Pats game tonight. Hopefully the week off will have the Pats firing on all cylinders against Kamloops.
  • Here's hoping Henry Burris' mini-slump continues for at least one more game. If the Riders win in Calgary tomorrow, first place becomes a very real possibility.
  • Great news about Andy Fantuz re-upping with the Riders. Assuming he doesn't get an offer from an NFL club, of course.
  • I can't see Tuz heading south, personally. His blocking isn't tight end calibre, and his speed isn't at a par with NFL wide receivers. However, he's just right as a CFL slotback.
  • Jeers and Cheers was preempted this week, but here's a quick plug for Quality Tire on McDonald. They set me up with good tires at a good price. That's about all a guy can ask for!
  • The J-man will suit up for the Atom Tier 3 Blackhawks this winter. Practices start this weekend. Good times to follow.
  • I was actually going to register for the Running Room's Learn to Run program, starting tomorrow. But apparently this flu bug has other plans for my lungs. I guess running will have to wait for a while.
  • Does anyone have a new Blackberry Tour? Do you recommend them?
  • Eleven days until my west coast mini-vacation. The Canucks/Red Wings, followed by U2 and the Black Eyed Peas. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,

I have the Blackberry tour. It's good for business use...fast, effective and secure. For personal stuff, it's meh...crappy camera, videocamera and media player.

Congrats on the running. Make sure you go to The Running Room or some similar store, find out whether you over- or under-pronate, and get the right shoe. The right shoe is the biggest factor in preventing injury (proper training and not ramping up too quickly is the second)

-- Steve

p.s. I'm not making any Leafs jokes.

Pac58 said...

Thanks Steve. Leafs......sigh. But I'm certain Ron Wilson's "let's beat each other up in practice!" approach will pay instant dividends. Guaranteed!