Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday musings

Where the heck did that weekend go?

  • Congrats to the J-man and the rest of the Twins for winning the North Regina Little League Minor A championship on the weekend! The 10-9 victory over the Royals in the final was the most exciting baseball game I've seen in a long time.
  • This part-time coach and full-time fan is honoured to have received one of the championship trophies. Thanks guys!
  • I had to pass on the victory celebration to rush over to a coaches meeting for the RMF Atom Cougars. Offseason? We don't need no stinkin' offseason!
  • How's this for a crazy week? Wedding rehearsal Friday afternoon, Rider game Friday night, wedding and reception Saturday afternoon/night, then the J-man and I fly off to Ontario early Sunday morning. I may spend the first day of holidays sleeping!
  • So, what will be the storyline for the lead-up to the Riders home opener? The return of Anton McKenzie? Nah. The return of Roy Shivers? Nah, been there. Jason Clermont's first game against his old team? Hmmm, that one has some potential.
  • I wonder how nervous Darian Durant will be this week? I sincerely hope DD lights it up Friday night. That could keep the message board experts off his back, at least for a few days.
  • Congrats to Regina's Garrett Mitchell on being selected in the NHL draft this weekend. I expect a coming-out party for Mitchell this WHL season. Pencil him in for 20 goals and 100 PIMs.
  • A good time was had by our crew at the Press Box Sports Bar Saturday night, at least until my friend was assaulted by some punk in the parking lot. Nice neighbourhood.
  • Is it Sunday yet? Air Canada, take me away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wedding rehearsal??? Wedding?? Leaving for Ontario. Is that the honeymoon? What is going on?? DETAILS!!!!!!

Pac58 said...

Not my wedding!

But definitely my vacation in Ontario.