Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday thoughts

Gotta clear this stuff out, I suspect new thoughts are on the way:

  • Nice forecast for this weekend. I guess last Saturday was our summer?
  • For a well-run organization, the Riders sure are making some stupid moves these days - off the field.
  • You only need to scroll down to find out how I feel about the 2009 parking passes.
  • What exactly did sending out season tickets by registered mail accomplish? Most people in Regina likely had to travel to their nearest post office to pick theirs up, since they weren't home when Canada Post tried to deliver them.
  • And how exactly is that more efficient than having local folks pick theirs up at the stadium?
  • And now the Rider store is offering a pre-sale on the new 60's retro jerseys. That's cool, but the news release accompanying the announcement didn't even include a picture of the jerseys. No picture on the Riderville website either.
  • So, you want us to plop down $90 (plus tax) on a jersey, without even knowing what the jersey looks like?
  • Has the business operations side of the organization been taken over by simpletons? I'm just saying.
  • Seriously, these decisions would be comical if they weren't so painfully. . .what's the word...dumb.
  • In other news...(radio flashback)
  • Lo and behold, the Pittsburgh Penguins have a little life left in them after all.
  • It was fun while it lasted, but the Toronto Blue Jays have crashed back down to earth. Hard.
  • Anyone going to Mosaic tonight? I have the J-man, so I'll be taking a pass this weekend.
  • I'm torn between taking my young associate to the movie Up this weekend, or to Star Trek. Any recommendations?
  • If you need me, I'll be outside trying to figure out where to stick my Rider parking pass. Oh, I have some ideas where to stick it alright...

3 comments:

Bev said...

Friends of mine went to Star Trek and loved it. Fun, adventurous, humorous. I wasn't able to go with them, but I wish I could have.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your doing but I see SGI is looking for a Communications Officer....

Dumb idea on the stickers but I think they are removable at least...

Pac58 said...

I'm pretty happy with my present position, but hopefully Mitch Blair is all over that SGI opening. Speaking of ex Regina media guys, Tim Kydd is the AVP of Communications at SGI. Small world!