Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday thoughts

Another collection of random thoughts and . . . stuff:

  • Is this the weekend winter finally leaves southern Saskatchewan? I sure hope so!
  • I sure hope the folks in Manitoba don't get hit with the level of flooding that's predicted. That's some scary stuff.
  • Time to check out the new Gold's Gym location today. I hope the "Melrose Place" crowd hasn't taken over yet.
  • Seriously, if you were that big a deal - why would you be in Regina? I'm just saying.
  • I see the London Knights are poised to knock off Erie in the first round of the OHL playoffs. That series has been a wild one, apparently.
  • Out here, Swift Current and Saskatoon are locked in first-round battles of their own.
  • I suspect I'll be walking funny on Sunday, assuming I survive my Krav Maga test on Saturday afternoon.
  • We knew Steve Mason was going to be a good goalie, but ten shutouts in his rookie season? Wow.
  • They might as well start engraving Mason's name on the Calder trophy, if they haven't already.
  • So who will win the Hart Trophy? Ovechkin? That'd be my pick, I suppose.
  • The Toronto Maple Leafs discard two of their top six forwards at the trading deadline, and turn into one of the NHL's hottest teams. WTF?
  • Premiering this weekend on CBC television: The Tommy (Job) Hunter show!
  • What? Too soon?

No comments: