Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday thoughts

An assortment of thoughts and opinions as we head into the first spring-like weekend of the year around here:

  • Young Jacob's hockey season came to an inglorious end last night. The 2008/09 atom Sharks were not to be confused with a good team.
  • Meantime, the coaching staff for the 2009 RMF atom Cougars is falling into place. I'm really tempted to declare the team a "Lurch-free" zone. Can you blame me?
  • With the end of the hockey season comes the first completely kid-free weekend in months. I'm not exactly thrilled about that.
  • I'm stuck for one last birthday gift for the J-man, who turns 10 next week. Ideas?
  • It's been a decade since my boy arrived on the scene. Wow.
  • The Krav Maga level 1 test is next weekend, and I'm nowhere near ready. This could get ugly.
  • Speaking of ugly . . . nah, too easy.
  • I'm getting the feeling the Regina Pats will stick with the status quo next season. Hilarity to ensue.
  • Is Brendan Taman really the general-manager-in-waiting of the Roughriders? Oh dear.
  • I also get the uneasy feeling Casey Printers will be taking snaps for the Riders by Labour Day. Double oh dear.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about Mats Sundin playing for the hottest team in the NHL. I guess he deserves it for carrying the Leafs for so many years.
  • I guess I need to pick a playoff team. Representatives of the Canucks and Flames should feel free to shower me with expensive gifts in an attempt to buy my affection. The Habs shouldn't bother.
  • Why is J.P. Riccardi still the general manager of the Blue Jays?
  • How can we convince the folks at West Side Pizza to resume delivering their cheesy delicacies to south Regina? Best pizza in town, folks.

No comments: