Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday musings

Is it the long weekend yet?

  • Michael Bishop. Chris Getzlaf. Who knew?
  • Is it just me, or did Getzlaf look a lot like Andy Fantuz in the way he played in the win over Calgary Friday night?
  • Don't look now, but the Regina Pats have won three in a row. And rookie sensation Jordan Weal continues to shine.
  • Damien Ketlo got the start last night. Are the Pats showcasing him for a trade, or determining whether he's ready to be the full-time backup? I'm going with option number two.
  • The New York Giants look scary good right now. I suspect all three front-runners in that division (Giants, Dallas and Washington) will make the playoffs.
  • I'm not so sure the Packers will get back to the postseason, despite playing in a weak division.
  • I suppose I should pick my NHL playoff team now, since the Leafs........well.......you know.
  • I saw former police chief Cal Johnston out door-knocking this morning. He's the Liberal candidate in Regina Palliser. He'd probably win that riding if he was running for the Tories, or even the NDP.
  • 54 days until AC/DC in Vancouver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Ketlo is a full time goalie! A lot of people last year after training camp and pre-season felt he had won the backup job. He goes back to BC and plays in JrA rather than midget. He may be the best of the three. Something should happen soon on the trade front. The Pats need some help in a couple of areas and the best trade bait they have is Rowat. I have a suspicion it could be a 2 for 2 or even a 3 for 3. The Pats are Ok but they still have some big needs.