Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday thoughts

Gotta clear out the cranial cavity for the weekend:

  • I'm not saying this week's edition of SportZone on Access 7 was a complete disaster from a production standpoint, but...well, actually that is what I'm saying. Wow.
  • Things can only get better.
  • You want to know about karma? Co-host Corey Matthews was talking off-air about an embarrassing coughing fit he had on-air a year or so ago. A few minutes later, Corey had a coughing fit on this week's show. Eerie, actually.
  • Steven Jyles may never get a better opportunity to become a starting quarterback in the CFL than the one he's been given tomorrow against Edmonton.
  • Beating the Eskimos never gets old around here, does it?
  • I'll make a decision on purchasing playoff tickets after tomorrow's game.
  • So I email the Director of the Atom Division in Hockey Regina, asking for the contact info for young Jacob's coach this season. So she sends me the info for the coach of another team. I politely point this out, and I get no response. A well-oiled machine, that HRI!
  • Listen up you illiterate goober's! Every word that end's in "s" doe's not automatically have an apostrophe before the "s". Okay? Sound's good? Dumb as's. (Apostrophes added for sake of sarcasm)
  • I heartily recommend Tim and Joe at Radio Centre for all of your electronic needs. Great prices, amazing service and they're a couple of hardcore Rider fans. What's not to love?
  • Tim and Joe are setting up my home theatre as I write this. I'm just a little excited about that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that -- the meaningless 'apostrophe s'. Especially when I see it on signs, buildboards and ads. Oh, and on the Leader-Post online. In fact, I cringe every time I see such an error on leaderpost.com. Don't they have proofreaders? Don't they follow Canadian Press style? I once saw a stupid spelling mistake in a headline on the front page! And they don't have an e-mail addy to send a polite note telling them there's such a mistake. Maybe they're afraid their e-mails would be swamped.

Sorry for the rant. Not feeling well today, and your comment hit a chord.

Bev

Anonymous said...

And, of course, in my rant against the lack of proofreading, I spelled 'billboard' as 'buildboard'. I can't win. Sorry.

Bev

Pac58 said...

That's good stuff, I enjoyed the rant. And don't get me started on people who say/write "I seen". Sheesh.

Rod Pedersen said...

WHAT HAPPENED ON THE PRODUCTION OF SPORTSZONE???????????

RP

Pac58 said...

Train wreck Rodzo. Lots of carnage.