Monday, June 18, 2007

A stellar dad's day

A belated Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dads. My munchkin took me out for lunch (BP's South - thanks Johnny Fraser!), and showered me with gifts. The "hug box" was particularly well received! After lunch, we had the good fortune to stand in the pouring rain for close to an hour, until his Little League playoff game was officially rained out. Good times.

Speaking of Jacob's baseball exploits, he finished the regular season with a .760 batting average, which earned him a call-up from Senior Rookie to Minor for a game Saturday. Sure enough, Slugger went 2-2 at the plate against seasoned pitching. He's a hitting machine, I tell ya. I guess that was the LL version of the September call-up?

Saturday night was taken up with the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame induction dinner. A very nice affair, even if the food left a little something to be desired. And don't get me started on the spelling faux pas by the official broadcaster of the event. Yikes!

Friday night I listened to the majority of the Riders 24-15 exhibition win over the B.C. Lions. Some fine performances were turned in by aspiring Roughriders, leaving the coaching staff with some tough decisions to be made. This Friday night the Calgary Stampeders come to town for the preseason finale. The Jakester and I are damn near giddy with anticipation.

No comments: