Sunday, June 24, 2007

Now I belong!

Well, you know what they say - you're not officially a Reginan until you've been broken into. It took 14 years, but my number finally came up. Sometime overnight some fine, upstanding individuals broke into my vehicle and stole Jacob's baseball equipment bag and some stereo equipment. Very selective thieves though, as they left his baseball helmet and glove, along with lots of other stereo gear, alone.

All in all, not the greatest tragedy in the history of the world. Just enough to be really, really annoying. And my ball glove was in Jacob's bag. I loved that glove. Bastards!

And, earlier in the same night Jacob and I witnessed other (presumably) mouth-breathing trolls driving through the neighbourhood stealing firewood. And no, we don't live in north central. Nice to see Regina's finest have a firm handle on the property crime issue (sarcasm off).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, your now a dyed in the wool Reginan. A true westerner to be sure!!!!! Welcome aboard.

The draft - Ross went higher than I and most others thought he would. Rowatt went quite a bit lower than expected ( being rated #1 goalie in the west don't mean much on draft day, Sexsmith went before him). Lefler went where expected. I thought someone might take a flyer on McAngus but what do I know.

Going deep in the playoffs and winning a memorial cup put Sexsmith ahead of Rowatt. When and if the Pats ever start doing that, more scouts looking means more players drafted. Finally getting a forward drafted is also a plus. It is like the first in 6 years. We got some work to do.

Pac58 said...

Thanks OF, I shall wear my victim of crime label like a badge of honour!

Can't say that I'm shocked Sexsmith was picked ahead of Rosie. I wonder what would have happened if Slade hadn't gone off the deep end (again) in Vancouver? Right place, right time I suppose.

Anonymous said...

My dad has lived in Regina for 25 years and it took 24 for his first (and only, fingers crossed!) break in!

This draft was pretty weird all around.

I'd say the Memorial Cup helped Sexsmith out quite a bit in the draft. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Looking at Sexsmith and Rowat, I don't see much difference in terms of their abilities right now...I do think Rowat has a lot more room to grow and more potential than Sexsmith. I'd take Rowat over Sexsmith any day. I was still surprised he fell so low, but what can you do?

Nick Ross went a little higher than I expected...I figured mid 2nd to mid 3rd. Good for him.

Brett Leffler went right around where I figured he'd go.

Was MacAngus eligible this year? Kinda surprised no one would take a chance on him, even in one of the later rounds.

The poll on the Pats site asks which of these guys is most likely to get to the the NHL. Honestly? They're all very different players in very different roles but any one of them would be a huge asset to a team. I think these guys all have a legitimate shot at the NHL (obviously so do the teams that drafted them!) and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they all get there at some point.