Thursday, May 25, 2006

An update from the "old country"

Well, it looks as though Mom's condition has stabilized and she's (hopefully) on the road to recovery. She seems to be getting some top-notch care here in London. I don't know why I keep thinking of the contrast to the Baby Paige case, but I'm just thankful there was no such clusterf*&k in my mom's case.

So, it's back to Regina on Friday. I'll sure be glad to see Jacob, especially for my birthday Saturday (still time left to get that last-minute gift folks!). Junior and I will be coming back here at the end of June for our scheduled vacation, so I don't feel quite as bad about leaving my mom. Still sucks though.

I still can't get over how much energy there is in this town (London) these days. I guess you don't really appreciate it until you move to a place that's a "little" less vibrant (ie. Regina). Not that one is necessarily better than the other, just different strokes. Still, no point dwelling on it, since moving back here is not even an option - but it is a pretty swell place to visit.

Time to swing by the hospital. Pretty sure a couple of those nurses are into the visitor from the "Wild West". Who can blame them, really?

No comments: