Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy birthday.............to me

Well, I successfully managed to turn another year older this morning. Based on the week I've had, I guess I should be grateful when something does go according to plan!

Jacob woke me up bright and early and showered me with gifts. Actually, just having him here is enough of a gift for me, but I digress. We're off to baseball this morning, then I'm thinking I'll take him to the circus tonight (shhh! It's a surprise).

Maybe we'll swing by the tennis club this afternoon and I can show off some of my imported (all the way from London! No, the other London) tennis gear I picked up this week. Like they say, if you can't be good, you might as well look good.

Speaking of the Roughriders, no major news out of training camp yet - which is probably a good sign, meaning things are going more or less according to plan. Had to chuckle when I read the story in the L-P today about how the lousy weather has made it hard to evaluate the kickers. Frankly, this is exactly the kind of weather you want! If I was the special teams coach, I'd be more interested in (at least right now) how a potential kicker deals with wind and rain, rather than sunny skies and a gentle breeze. Blow, wind blow!

Did you see the plans for expansion of the Brandt Centre in the paper this morning? Me like. I think 7,000 seats (and upgraded seats!) will suit the Pats well - and hopefully be enough to encourage a few more concerts and other events to come to town.

Anyway, time to gear up for another senior rookie White Sox outing. Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday you hot stud!

Pac58 said...

Thanks...........Mom?