Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Musings

Whoa! Did somebody forget to pay the heating bill? Damn it's cold out there. Might as well restore circulation to the extremities by doing a little typing.

  • I neither hate nor love either participating team, so I'll be cheering for the Seattle Seahawks in Sunday's Super Bowl, strictly because Regina's Jon Ryan booms punts for the Seahawks. 
  • I wonder how many other people around here are in the same boat?
  • So, is this where the Toronto Maple Leafs come crashing back down to earth after their recent six game winning streak?  
  • Don't look now, but the Toronto Raptors are sitting atop the (admittedly weak) Atlantic division of the NBA. The Raps currently hold down the 4th playoff seed in the eastern conference.
  • Now, find me three Canadians - outside of Toronto - who care about the preceding bullet!
  • I caught the WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view last night. With my new announcing duties on High Impact Wrestling broadcasts, do WWE pay-per-views count as research? 
  • Do I even need to guess how the Canada Revenue Agency would answer that question?
  • It looks as though the J-man made it through his first round of high school exams relatively unscathed. 
  • However, he was not impressed when I told him that I didn't have to write an exam until grade 11. Grade 9 and 10 students at our high school were exempted from exams if they had a mark over 80% in a given class. Good times!
  • Yes, you can interpret that to mean I had pretty good grades in high school. How the mighty have fallen! 
  • One new year's resolution is crossed off, with a new job starting in a couple of weeks. Now it's time to get serious about the fitness resolution! (Hey! It could happen!)
  • So, why is U.S. Netflix so much better than the Canadian version?

No comments: