- Kudos to the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks for advancing to the Super Bowl with wins in their respective conference championship games.
- The teams with the two best records in the regular season will meet for all the marbles. Sounds about right.
- Speaking of marbles, did Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman lose his during his post game interview with Erin Andrews?
- Sherman's rant was definitely ill advised, but most of the vitriol directed towards him in the aftermath was much worse. And in some cases, blatantly racist. Not cool.
- Well, the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks found a way for people to notice their underachieving little teams, didn't they?
- Prearranged line brawls do nothing for the credibility of the NHL, especially among potential fans outside of traditional hockey markets. But I suspect you already knew that.
- On the bright side, the Toronto Maple Leafs are riding a season long four game winning streak, after dispatching the Montreal Canadians Saturday night.
- I'm not exactly objective on the subject, but I swear the Habs have the most gutless collection of forwards I've seen on one NHL team in a long time!
- FINALLY! The Regina Pats finally notched a victory over the Prince Albert Raiders on the weekend. The timing couldn't be better, after the Pats soiled the sheets at home on Friday night against the Kootenay Ice.
- It was an historic evening Friday at the Balaton Ballroom in Regina, as the High Impact Wrestling hijinks were taped for future broadcast on Access 7. Apologies in advance for the quality (or lack thereof!) of the play-by-play commentator! Good help is obviously hard to find.
Monday, January 20, 2014
It's the start of a new work week. What's not to love?