- Congrats to the Halifax Mooseheads on their 2013 Memorial Cup championship. They really were the class of the field in Saskatoon.
- Next year's tournament is in London, Ontario. Hopefully the Knights can capture their second national championship on home ice.
- A good time was had by all at the WWE wrasslin' show at the Brandt Centre Saturday night. Sitting in the front row is a whole new experience!
- Thumbs up to everyone associated with organizing the Ken Goff Memorial Boxing Classic on Friday night. It had been a few years since I attended a Classic, and it was a first-class event, as always.
- This was the 20th year for the event, and I don't believe Pat Fiacco has aged a day over that period. How is this possible?
- This time next week Roughrider training camp will be into day #2 in Saskatoon. There's a lot of excitement about this year's edition of the green and white. Hopefully that translates into results on the field.
- If John Chick makes his way back to Riderville, does Saskatchewan become the favourite to represent the west in the Grey Cup? Not necessarily, but I'd certainly rate them at least a close second to B.C.
- I see Regina's newly crowned village idiot is off his meds again. That show stopped being funny a long time ago.
- Two years from today I'll hit the half century mark. Now that's a milestone to dread! Mind you, it beats the alternative of NOT making it to 50!
- I'm looking forward to a birthday feast of pizza and ice cream with the J-man tonight. The clean eating/exercising regimen resumes tomorrow. Yay.
Monday, May 27, 2013
Idle thoughts on a water-logged Monday: