- I have to figure out a way to watch two hockey games simultaneously tonight! The Toronto Maple Leafs are in Boston for game seven of that Stanley Cup series, while the London Knights are home to Barrie for game seven of the OHL final. The Knights and Leafs are each trying to complete a comeback from 3-1 series deficits.
- It was a lot easier to free time up for yardwork when the Leafs weren't in the playoffs every spring, but I think I prefer this scenario!
- Congrats to the Regina Riot on their 15-7 win over Saskatoon in WWCFL action on Mother's Day. That's the first time the Valkyries have tasted defeat in the three year history of the league.
- If you haven't checked out a Riot game, you should. You'll likely be impressed by the calibre of play.
- We'll preview the Saskatchewan Roughriders' training camp on this week's edition of Locker Talk on Access 7 with Leader-Post scribe Murray McCormick. Belated congrats to Murray on the arrival of his first grandchild last week!
- Thumbs up to the kids and staff at St. Gregory school for putting on a first class fashion show fundraiser last week. The J-man looked a little too natural on the runway. I have no idea where he gets his ham tendencies!
- It's hard to believe my boy and his crew will be moving on from elementary school in a few short weeks. As advertised, the time really does fly!
- You'll be reading a lot about the O'Neill Titans in this space over the next few years. Apologies in advance if that rankles you!
- It's amusing when people who blog or tweet a lot consider themselves social media experts. Quantity doesn't grant you expert status. Heck, if that was the case, I'd be an expert on adult mov...er, moving on!
- There is nothing better than pulling into your assigned parking spot on a Monday morning to find someone occupying it! Nice job, Mr. or Ms. blue Pontiac G6 (859 GWA) owner! I guess the word "reserved" on the sign confused you?
Monday, May 13, 2013
I have no idea if anyone has actually been missing these posts, but I'm going to try to get back to semi-regular blogging. Life has been awfully busy lately, so the optional activities, like creative writing, have been pushed aside. Here's what is rattling around upstairs at the start of another work week: