Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

It's been so long since I've done this, and I'm such an upbeat optimist, that I don't know if I'll be able to think up any jeers! Well, let's see what happens...

Cheers
  • Optimum Lifestyle Center. They have doctors, massage therapists, nutrition counsellors, chiropractors and personal trainers, all under one roof. If you're failing miserably on your New Year's resolutions, they should be able to help!
  • Access Communications. For some reason my "old style" PVR kept malfunctioning, so they upgraded me to a new model for free.
  • Saskatchewan Roughriders. I'm liking the offseason changes so far. There are still some big holes to fill, but things appear to be on the right track.

Jeers

  • Green Bay Packers. Sorry boys, but that playoff effort against the Giants last weekend was kind of pathetic. Tight end Jermichael Finley was injured last season and they went all the way. His dropsies were a major contributor to the early end of a great season this year.
  • Regina drivers who drive 30 km/h because it's cold out. Not icy, not reduced visibility, just cold. Sheesh.
  • Windchills in the -40 range. Yes, I know this weather is a fact of life in this part of the world, but we don't have to like it!

That's my first list of the new year. Who or what is on yours?

No comments: