Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Musings

I suppose it's a good idea to keep the brain working, or else it'll freeze!

  • It had been an unseasonably mild (and therefore pleasant) winter around here, but that's on the shelf for at least a few days!
  • I may have to invest in a balaclava for the walk from my parking spot to work - holy frozen face!
  • Not unlike Giants coach Tom Coughlin when his team beat the Packers in Green Bay in the 2007 NFC final.
  • I think that one hurt more than yesterday's loss, simply because the Packers were never really in a position to win this time around. Still sucks, though!
  • So it's down to New England, Baltimore, San Fran and the Giants. I suppose it would be okay to see the Patriots and G-men in a rematch of the '07 title game.
  • Can you imagine if Eli finishes the season with more Super Bowl rings than Peyton?
  • I couldn't help feeling a season of deja vu while watching the Packers self destruct yesterday. Hmm, a team in green plays pedestrian defence and gives the ball away on offence. Where (2011 Riders) have I seen that before?
  • So, did the Regina Pats do the right thing by holding onto Jordan Weal and Brandon Davidson at the WHL trade deadline?
  • Prior to last night's loss to the visiting Saskatoon Blades, the Pats looked like a team that could do some damage in the playoffs. They may still.
  • Almost two thirds of the way through my three month stint with a personal trainer and I'm definitely in better shape, but have lost a grand total of zero pounds! Um...what the hell?
  • I had the pleasure of meeting (and interviewing) several members of the Australian national junior men's curling team on the weekend. Watch for that on next week's episode of Locker Talk on Access 7.
  • Congrats to Weyburn's Graham DeLaet on successful return to active duty on the PGA tour. He slipped down the leader board after a blistering opening round, but still took home some decent change at the Sony Open.
  • I'm not a big fan of watching golf on tv, but watching it in 3D is pretty darn cool! Now, when can we look forward to football and/or hockey in 3D?

No comments: