- Can we just call a spade a spade and admit the Saskatchewan Roughriders are a bad football team right now?
- Yesterday's 17-1 loss to Edmonton was just about as sad a display of offensive football as I've seen. Give the defense some respect for keeping the game within reach, I guess.
- Does this mean Ryan Dinwiddie isn't the answer?
- On the O-line. I think Mssrs. Gauthier and Goodspeed have passed their best before date. They simply don't move quickly enough to handle the DE's of today.
- Speaking of DE's - the Riders are still searching for an impact player at that position.
- So now what? Is it time to start auditioning young replacements at key positions? Yep.
- Is it time to revisit the goofy organizational structure? Yep.
- Trade Andy Fantuz? Nope.
- The RMF Unicorns concluded the regular season on the weekend with a heart-breaking 28-22 loss to the Patriots. We were stuffed twice inside the opponent's five yard line on the last two plays of the game. Ouch.
- Still, considering last year's team went 0-9, we'll take a 4-4 record - no complaints!
- We may not have the deepest team (we're down to 25 players), or the biggest or fastest, but these kids NEVER quit! Suffice to say I'm proud of them.
- We wrap up the season with a playoff bowl game next Monday night at Mosaic Stadium. Bring on those Vikings!
- The Green Bay Packers are 5-0, and there doesn't appear to be anything resembling a Super Bowl hangover happening in the land of the cheeseheads.
- The Detroit Lions are also 5-0. Are the NFL's ultimate doormats for real this year? Apparently so!
- Their rise hasn't been quite as dramatic as the NFL's Lions (mostly because they were never as bad as the Lions), but Regina Pats fans have to be feeling pretty good about things these days.
- The Pats boast a top-notch goalie and a rock-solid blueline corps. Add on a tremendous work ethic and timely goal scoring from a young group of forwards, and the future is looking bright.
- Hell, if they keep rolling, the future may be now! Well, let's hold off for a while before getting that excited.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday musings - a day late
Slowly easing back into the swing of things after a great long weekend with the offspring: