- Yes, the Riders are 0-2 and have looked terrible (particularly on defense) in losing back-to-back games on home turf.
- Yes, they now hit the road for two straight, and face the prospect of sporting an 0-4 record when they host Calgary on July 30th.
- Yes, every member of the staff is facing tough scrutiny and (in some cases) public criticism from a disgruntled fan base.
- Yes, the defensive secondary looks lost, as do a couple of members of the receiving corps.
- But you know what? The reaction of some zealots just feeds the generally-held impression that there really is nothing else going on in this province.
- Fire the GM? Fire the head coach? Fire the defensive coordinator? Fire the team president? After two games?
- For better or worse, this is the 2011 edition of the team. If they don't get it done, then feel free to call for heads to roll. But after two games? Ain't gonna happen, sorry.
- I wonder if the Regina Pats will announce who their new head coach is soon? I'm assuming that process is into the home stretch.
- High Impact Wrestling did not disappoint on Friday night. A good time was had in the company of local sports media luminaries Mitch Blair, Rob Vanstone, Tony Playter and Carlo (Our Man Carlo!) Palazzo.
- This week's edition of Locker Talk on Access 7 is the last one of the 2010/11 season. Set your PVRs.
- We'll be back on the air with more local sports fun and frivolity in September.
- I'll be on holidays as of 5 p.m. on Thursday, and I've already started mentally checking out. That's not good!
- The J-man and I definitely hit the ground running when we return from Ontario. First it's the U of R Rams football camp on the long weekend, followed immediately by the RMF season.
- Needless to say, I'm looking forward to two weeks off before getting back on the merry-go-round.
Monday, July 11, 2011
I've got to get these thoughts out of my head to make room for a fresh batch. Consider this the blogging equivalent of an "everything must go" sale!