Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

It's been a while, but it is time for another edition of the wildly popular Cheers and Jeers. This is a chance for you to salute those individuals or businesses who have impressed you, and warn the rest of us about those who have not!

Whattya say I go first?

Cheers
  • Air Canada. I have to admit, they've picked up their game in recent years. Many of their staff still seem morally opposed to smiling, but at least they got me where I needed to go - and when I needed to get there.
  • Tony's Pizza. If you're ever in London, Ontario order a panzarotti from Tony's. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
  • Green Bay Packers. A win over the hated Chicago Bears this weekend will send the Packers to the Super Bowl, and send sales of foam cheeseheads (I have two) through the roof!
Jeers
  • City of Regina. Another tax hike, annual nine percent increases in our water bills, a plan to eliminate back lane garbage collection while charging us to recycle, and residential streets are a snowy, rutted mess. What's not to love?
  • Self-absorbed douches who glide through intersections two seconds after the light has turned red. Yeah, I know it's slippery. But you're still an asshole.
  • Rogers Video. Four stores in Regina at this time last year, now they're down to one. Was it something we said?
And an honourary jeer has to go out to the residents of London who were miffed to learn the Saskatchewan Roughriders had stolen the head coach of the Western Mustangs. Uh, wrong Greg Marshall folks.

No comments: