- So Greg Marshall will finally get a shot at being a CFL head coach huh? I actually quite liked him during his previous tour of duty with the Riders, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
- Will Marshall appoint Richie Hall as his defensive coordinator? Where will Gary Etcheverry end up if that happens?
- Dave Cameron must be a hell of a hockey coach to have this year's edition of Team Canada poised to win gold at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
- It's not a star-studded lineup, but Cameron's crew has definitely bought into the team-first philosophy. The results have been impressive.
- Don't look now, but the Regina Pats are inching towards a WHL playoff berth. Will Chad Lang make any more deals in the final few days before the trade deadline? Stay tuned!
- The Seattle Seahawks are NFC West champions, with a record of 7-9. Blech. However, I don't think we need to worry about them sneaking into the Super Bowl.
- The Green Bay Packers get Michael Vick and the Eagles in the first round of the playoffs. Watch for Packers linebacker Clay Matthews Jr. to be in the Philly backfield for most of the game.
- Unlike many people, I wasn't all that anxious to see 2010 end. The previous year was a pretty good one, all things considered.
- For example, the J-man continued to grow into an outstanding young man last year. I helped coach his baseball team to a league championship, we had a great year in football, and we welcomed Dexter the dog to our little clan. And those were just some of the highlights!
- 2011 has started off with a case of bronchitis for me, and a pending trip to Ontario this week to see my hospitalized mother. Suffice to say this year is not off to an auspicious start!
- How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? Yeah, me too.
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Happy new post!
Well, I suppose it's time to kick off a new year of semi-regular blogging. Here's how the world looks to me on the fourth day of 2011: