Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

It's time again for a weekly look at those who go above and beyond the call of duty, and those who missed the call completely.

Cheers
  • O'Hanlons. Regina's only (at least that I know of!) authentic Irish pub was super busy at lunchtime yesterday, but the service and food were still excellent. Good job!
  • Regina Minor Football. Registration started on time on Monday, and the process was seamless.
  • Jersey City (Cornwall Centre). I polished off my shopping for the J-man's birthday, and got a deal in the process. Works for me!

Jeers

  • The thought of Jordan Eberle not being able to finish his junior hockey career with a playoff run. Hell, even a playoff game!
  • The latest (stomach?) flu bug making the rounds in Regina. The J-man is ill, and I'm not far behind!
  • The dimwits on my street who've been parking in front of my house because their back alleys are a slushy mess. Did anyone consider for even a moment that I might want to do the same thing? I almost feel bad about slashing their tires. (Okay, I made that last part up. But it was tempting!)

Okay folks, who is on your list this week?

2 comments:

Bev said...

Cheers only this morning.

Cheers:

The Canadian Cancer Society, with coordinator Dr. Sanela Begic, for putting on a very informative documentary screening on the dangers of pesticides last night.

And Costa Maragos, who acted as moderator at the screening, for his support of the Canadian Cancer Society and his willingness to help at such events.

Good job, everyone!

Pac58 said...

Costa is a class act, no doubt about it!