Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

A weekly compendium of tributes and criticisms, brought to you from the home office in Pense:

Cheers
  • Yarnton Decorating - a great selection of paints, and a friendly staff that will walk an inexperienced painter through the process.
  • Paypal - made a purchase on eBay. Purchase never arrived. Paypal got my money back.

Jeers

  • Hockey Regina - a scheduling snafu resulted in a wasted trip to the Staples Arena for a game that didn't happen. That was preceeded by a game that someone forgot to assign referees to. Nice.
  • Walmart Supercentre - How does a store that big still manage to run out of stock all the time? Not exactly a well-oiled machine!
  • Certain coaches at the U of R. Apparently returning a phone call or email is just too strenuous a task for some folks. Not impressive.

That's my list for this week. Who is on yours?

6 comments:

Bev said...

Trying to be nice this week, so only a couple cheers:

Bushwakkers - Cheryl is the greatest waitress, and took very good care of us. And if you go on a Saturday night where nothing's scheduled, it's actually quiet enough to talk in there!

Pawsitive Attitudes dog training. We had our second class last weekend - the first time the dogs went. First class was to teach the owners. Anyway, the pooch has already learned more than in 6 weeks at the other course. I would definitely recommend these folks. They use positive training, not punishment, and the dogs really respond.

Yeah, yeah. I know. All my cheers and jeers seem to be about restaurants or dogs. Who has time for anything else? :)

Pac58 said...

As long as that's the only connection between restaurants and dogs!

Bev said...

For a minute there, I thought you might have an objection to restaurants that serve dog... but then I realized that you probably only meant you object to dog hairs in your food...

Just kidding. :)

But if you ever find a restaurant that allows dogs to eat there... nah. Nevermind... ;)

Anonymous said...

Jeers- sports commentators who give part of the story "Certain coaches at the U of R" - why not say who they are

Pac58 said...

I will. Right now there's three. If I don't hear back from them in the next 2-3 days, I'll "out" them.

Pac58 said...

Two of the three got back to me today, so I'll cut them some slack. The third coaches wrestling.