Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday musings

Assorted thoughts after a whirlwind weekend of birthday debauchery:

  • The garlic bread with cheese at the Keg is the best in town, hands down.
  • The pizza at WestSide Pizza is rivalled only by the pie at Sparky's and Tumblers.
  • High Impact Wrestling was everything it was cracked up to be. And more!
  • It was an honour to treat the J-man to some birthday wrasslin', and to sit with the likes of Rob Vanstone (who I think may hate jogging more than I do), Mitch Blair and Tony Playter. Truly, a unique experience.
  • The following night, I survived the J-man's birthday party, including the all-night slumber party. I'm thinking there are some tired boys wandering the halls of Jake's school today!
  • Now that the NCAA basketball tournament is down to the final four, I suppose I should start watching!
  • The sports talk stations on Sirius have been absolutely obsessed with March Madness. Well, that and baseball spring training.
  • Good luck finding some U.S. coverage of the NHL though.
  • The Moose Jaw Warriors travel to Calgary tonight for game seven of their first round WHL series. The Warriors led the series 3-1 at one point.
  • I was pulling for a Moose Jaw (what?) upset, but now I think the Hitmen are back in control.
  • Speaking of Hitmen, Brett the Hitman Hart was a featured performer at last night's Wrestlemania pay per view. I missed it, and I suspect I'll live.
  • I must have missed the news release about SGI proclaiming Saturday "Give a Driver's License to the Mentally Incompetent Day". Good lord it was scary out there!
  • The last remnants of the winter's worth of snow will be gone by Easter. That works for me!

No comments: