Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday thoughts

It's a hodge-podge, but it's my hodge-podge, damnit!


  • The Regina Pats limp towards the finish line of the WHL season with a couple of home games this weekend. I'll be there to inspect the carnage tomorrow night.
  • From the "you gotta just shake your head" category: the J-man's hockey team plays its first playoff game Sunday morning. My offspring won't be there, however. He'll be ice fishing instead. Ice fishing over playoff hockey. Unfathomable.
  • Now, I could see it if it was me making that decision. As a Leafs fan, I don't even know what playoff hockey is!
  • Speaking of stupid, how about the Harper government's plan to make the national anthem more politically correct? That passes for a priority item worthy of inclusion in a throne speech?
  • I'm sure the thousands of unemployed auto workers in Ontario appreciate the fact their elected representatives are tackling the truly important national issues!
  • The Regina stadium proposals are coming out of the woodwork now! I'm still in favour of the original plan, pending more information on how it will be paid for.
  • If its publicly funded, does that mean a portion of future operating profits will be returned to the taxpayers somehow? Dare to dream, I guess.
  • Anyone familiar with the name Brendan Cross can't be surprised he finally snapped, running around city hall naked.
  • My question is, unless mental health services improve dramatically, how long will it be before someone is seriously hurt, or worse?
  • I make my return to Krav Maga training this weekend, after being out of commission since before Christmas. Pray for me.
  • For those of you wondering when Corey Matthews will return to the co-host's chair on SportZone, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. Soon, I hope.
  • In the meantime, thanks to Mitch Blair and Carlo Palazzo for filling in.
  • Happy Birthday to co-conspirator Kelly McElree! If you're in the Moose Jaw area, you can drop off your gifts at the Moose Jaw Health Foundation. Cash, preferably.
  • Speaking of birthdays, only three more weeks until the J-man turns 11! Man, how the time flies. Maybe I'll take him ice fishing...

No comments: