Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Cheers and Jeers

Seasonal salutes, and consumer warnings. It doesn't get much better than that!

Cheers
  • Dysart Co-op gas station. Sure, they closed early on a Saturday (for their Christmas party), but then cheerfully re-opened long enough for a "city slicker" to fill up for the trip back home. Small town hospitality. Gotta love it!
  • Darrell Davis and Drew Hincks. Who doesn't love SportZone guests that bring along swag for the hosts/viewers? The Regina Pats book and the skateboard will surely go to good homes. Thanks guys!
  • Dysart Arena - home of the Big Blue, the tastiest darn rink burger I've ever sampled. And yes, I've sampled a few.

Jeers

  • Authors who appear on a tv or radio show to promote their book, and don't provide the hosts with a copy. Fortunately, that almost never happens!
  • Sears Canada. I've been trying for a week to obtain an owner's manual for a Sears treadmill that I bought "almost new" from the previous owner. This shouldn't be that difficult.
  • LL Bean. Some of their merchandise is incredibly poorly made. Which explains the excellent prices, I suppose.

Alright readers, who or what is on your list this week?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers:

South Albert Book and Briar Patch

Extreme Hockey

Downtown YMCA - I have ragged on this for 1.5 years. They are finally getting that place up to standars in terms of cleanliness. Lesson learned you have to be a dick sometimes.

Jeers

Quance Canadian Tire - I don't expect much from today's young retail workers. Having stated that please at the very least show some interest in helping me find something.

Anonymous said...

Jeers:

First Nations University or FNUC as it's called.

When are they going to finally pull the pin on this albatross? How many people need to be fired or corruption exposed?

Enough is enough. They just fired the CFO. The President of the School is not even qualified to be President, and this stuff just goes on and on. Who pays? The Student not getting a valid education, and the Taxpayer getting hosed continuig to support this thing.

Anonymous said...

Cheers

-Pete for doing this blog
-FCC for being the best place in the city to work

Mike

Pac58 said...

Thanks Mike, appreciate it!

I wouldn't know about FCC. They didn't hire me when they had the chance :(

Anonymous said...

That sucks. What area are you interested in working in? I could forward you any job postings I see

Mike

Pac58 said...

I'm all about the communications! I'm happy where I am, but never say never, I suppose.