Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday thoughts

Only a few hours to go until a two week holiday. Bring it on!

  • I'd like to thank Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark for combining for 57 fantasy points last night, pretty much guaranteeing my 8 game fantasy football winning steak will come to a crashing halt in the league semi-final. Damn!

  • Honestly, I don't know if anyone in the AFC can touch the Colts. San Diego, maybe?

  • In the NFC, I'd love to see a conference championship shootout between Drew Brees and Brett Favre. That would be some great football!

  • Yes, I realize that would mean the Packers would have to watch their former quarterback in the NFC final, instead of being there themselves. I can live with that.

  • The Regina Red Sox are taking registrations for their winter baseball camp. The camp, for players aged 8-14, runs December 28/29 at the Credit Union Eventplex in Regina. It's $75 for six hours of instruction, and a free Red Sox cap. Heck of a deal! Get on it though, the registration deadline is Monday.

  • What are the odds that Sasktel's Blackberry service would crash and burn on the exact same day I finally get a blackberry? Actually, considering it's me - I'd say the odds were at least 50/50!

  • Are you checking out some of the action at the World Junior Hockey Championships? So far the J-man and I have tickets for two games. And of course we'll be watching Canada on TSN from S'toon.

  • So who will wear the "C" for Team Canada? Jordan Eberle and Colten Teubert of the Pats have to merit some consideration. Still, I believe the honour will probably go to defenceman Alex Pietrangelo of the St. Louis Blues.

  • However, I fully expect Eberle and/or Teubert to be named assistant captains.

  • Meantime, the Pats continue to lurch around on their extended road trip. They take a five game losing skid into Calgary tonight. The Hitmen are a mere 17 points ahead of Regina in the standings right now. Good luck with that, I guess.

  • I've decided to see what all the fuss is about, and start watching Dexter. My mom is geting me (although she doesn't know it yet) the first three seasons on dvd as a Christmas present. This should be interesting!

I imagine the blogging will be sporadic over the next couple of weeks. I'll make sure to post the lineup for the Christmas Extravaganza episode of SportZone (scroll down and answer the trivia question for this week, please!) and assorted other goodies between now and January 1st. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pac
Dexter is awesome!!
Watch from the beginning.

Min

Bev said...

Blackberry service was down nationwide, not just on SaskTel.

A lot of people were panicking.