Monday, December 07, 2009

Monday musings

Why yes, it is actually cold enough for me. Thanks for asking.

  • By all standards of measurement, this weekend's atom tier 3 tournament in Dysart was a great success.
  • The J-man erupted for three goals in the first two games he's played at forward in two seasons. Nice!
  • I did the public address duties for all nine games. I must have done alright, as several people suggested a person with a voice like mine should be on the radio! Oh, how I laughed...
  • Been there, done that. Nobody around here pays enough for me to consider doing it again. Or do they? (dum dum dum!)
  • The day didn't get off to a great start. I pulled up to a gas station on our way out of town, and my gas cap snapped off in my hand! So, I drove off into the early morning darkness with enough gas to get to my destination, but not enough to get back.
  • Thanks to Chad W. for helping me pry the gas cap off in Dysart, and a BIG thank you to the fellow who re-opened the Co-Op gas station in Dysart after the tournament, allowing me to fill up before returning to Regina. Now that's small-town hospitality!
  • Oh, and I'm pleased to report the delectable Big Blue at the Dysart arena is one of the finest rink burgers this correspondent has ever devoured!

In other news...

  • The Pats' Jordan Eberle notches another five goals in two games this weekend. If this kid isn't the player of the year in the CHL this season, I'd like to know who is!
  • If the Pats can post at least a .500 record while Eberle and Colten Teubert are away at the World Juniors, I'd like to see Brent Parker load up for a playoff run.
  • If the wheels fall off while those two are gone, deal them and load up for next year.
  • In other words, it's up to players NOT named Eberle and Teubert to determine the fate of this year's team.
  • Is old man Favre starting to hit the wall in Minnesota?
  • Can the Packers still make a run at the division championship in the NFC North? They'll have to beat Baltimore tonight to have any sort of a chance.
  • You'll notice I haven't weighed in on the Tiger Woods story yet. That's because I honestly can't bring myself to care.

No comments: