Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday musings

A return to semi-regular blogging, after a highly enjoyable holiday:

  • I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Riders run roughshod over the Argos in Toronto last weekend. I find a domed stadium to be a pretty fine place to watch a football game.
  • Having said that, it was even better when the roof opened for the second half of that game. So, put me down for a retractable roof for Regina's new facility.
  • A very good team (Montreal) dismantled a pretty good team (Sask) Saturday afternoon. It's not the end of the world, but it does point to some glaring deficiencies (O-line and/or quarterback) in the play of the guys who suited up in the white retro jerseys.
  • I expect a much better result Saturday against Edmonton.
  • Will Richie Hall get booed by the east-side leather-lungs? Will Mo Lloyd?
  • I understand the weather was pretty awful while the J-man and I were in Ontario. You're welcome for bringing the sunshine back with us.
  • Anyone know someone who can hook up a ceiling fan for me? The one in the master bedroom literally flamed out this morning!
  • Speaking of services required, any recommendations on a company to build a new garage? Providing it can be done without literally costing an arm and a leg, of course!
  • I'm going to have a tough time keeping the J-man out of the quarterback spot for the Atom Cougars if he keeps playing the way he did yesterday. Apparently our training program is paying off!
  • Well, it's paying off for him. I got a pulled hamstring out of the deal (damn windsprints)!
  • I'm happy to report the brown derby ice cream cone at Merla-Mae in London, Ont. is still the best in the business. Several tastings were required to confirm this analysis.

No comments: