Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday thoughts

The usual assortment of odds and ends:

  • Things are coming together quite nicely for the 2009 edition of the RMF Atom Cougars. Thanks to everyone who made it out for a very well-attended parents' meeting last night!
  • I can't wait for the administrative stuff to be done, and the real coaching to begin!
  • I honestly don't think Dave Ridgway's absence from this weekend's anniversary celebrations for the '89 Grey Cup champs is worth some lame attempt at radio news coverage. And lame it was.
  • Call me crazy, but I prefer my football coverage from people who may have actually been in a huddle once or twice in their lives.
  • I was going to wade in on the domed stadium "controversy" today, but I'll save those thoughts for next week.
  • I hope the east side fans don't trash Richie Hall tomorrow. Despite the fact he coaches the Eskies, Richie will always be a member of Rider royalty.
  • Now, if you want to let Mo Lloyd or Kitwana Jones have it, be my guest!
  • If the Riders can get some heat on Ricky Ray, they should have a fairly easy time getting past Edmonton. If not, it could be a long afternoon.
  • Would Anthony Calvillo's career have gone in a different direction if he signed with the Riders instead of Montreal back in 1998? It almost happened, you know.
  • Mind you, the Riders were such a mess back then, it probably wasn't that tough a decision for Calvillo.
  • Arland Bruce III is a piece of work. But I don't know if Bart Andrus is much better. That's quite a gong show they have going in Toronto.
  • Speaking of the "big smoke", if the Jays don't trade Roy Halladay they might as well resign themselves to also-ran status for the next five years at least.
  • The J-man's summer holidays are now half over. How fast did that fly by?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calvillo's career most definitely would have been over had he come here. He was bounced out of Hamilton because they brought in McManus. Calvillo learned his trade under Tracey Hamm. Why nobody has brought Hamm to the CFL as a Coach I'll never know.

Devin